WHAT IS THE CORONAVIRUS?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. A novel coronavirus, is a new strain, and COVID-19 is the particular strain of virus that was discovered late in 2019 in China and has spread across the world in the past few months.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
HOW YOU CAN PROTECT YOURSELF, AND FELLOW CAMPERS
There are many simple ways to help protect yourself and others from the coronavirus.
· Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and remind your guests to do the same.
· Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces.
· Use disposable wipes on frequently touched surfaces.
· Make sure alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available and used.
· Maintain social distance of at least three feet from those coughing or sneezing.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
· If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care.
· Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider.
For more information on the virus, including how it spreads, situation updates on the spread of the virus and information for specific audiences, including business and travel, to curtail the virus, visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC) dedicated Coronavirus page.
We want to do our absolute best to ensure that we minimize risk to our staff and guests onsite during this time of uncertainty and will adhere to state and/or federal guidelines and recommendations.
To minimize risks to both our staff and guests CarrollWoods will be implementing the following policies immediately, 3-19-20.
1. Invoicing monthly site fees and electric for payment online via email invoice
2. Park office phone line, 910-653-5538, is available to schedule a visit to the office should you need it (the office will be cleaned between each guest).
3. The office door will remain locked and opened only on an as needed basis.
4. Packages will be delivered to your camper and left on steps daily.
5. Pool and playground are closed. Please only one guest in restroom or laundry at a time. We will be sanitizing these areas multiple times throughout the day. If the one guests rule is not followed in these locations, we will close them to limit interactions and risk it poses.
6. Group functions such as potluck dinners are suspended.
7. Please reach onsite park host thru rvhost.org (there is also a chat section on the site)
8. Remote check in for guests
9. Any employee who exhibits a fever or other Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to leave immediately, stay home and seek testing.
What should you do?
1. Follow CDC guidelines for social distancing, hand washing, safety, etc.…
2. Have your own personal plan for supplies should you need to shelter in place
3. Call public health, consult with a Dr., and call the park office should you have any of these symptoms: Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties
4. Call the office at 910-653-5538 to schedule any visit to the park office.
5. Watch for updates as things may change as new information becomes available.
Effective 4-1-20 to 4-30-20 Columbus County curfew is 10pm to 5am. Extended stay hotels and campgrounds may continue to offer lodging for terms no less than 28 days to people who are presently on the premises but shall not enter into new leases or rentals. Short term lodging exceptions are: allowed by government request to assist with the emergency response to Coronovirus; lodging is provided in support of supply and distribution of COVID-19 essential businesses or operations; or lodging is provided in support of our countys COVIC-19 emergency response and practices utilized to fight the virus or its spread.